Specific Expected Learning Outcomes
- Patient Centered Practice Knowledge:
- Gather essential and accurate information about patients through history-taking, physical examination, and diagnostic studies to provide patient-centered care
- Synthesize and critically evaluate the most current scientific evidence and the stories of individual patients to develop and implement patient management plans, provide preventative care, and promote individual wellbeing
Identify and correct gaps in knowledge, skill, or attitude by engaging in self-motivated learning and self-reflection.
- Integrate individual, societal, community, and global determinants of health into a shared medical decision-making approach to patient care and wellness.
- Exhibit interpersonal and communication skills that encourage effective exchange of information, awareness of unconscious bias, incorporation of health literacy, and cultural competency to promote improved medical outcomes.
- Establish one’s own role and integrate knowledge of other professions in an inter professional healthcare team that partners with the patient to advocate for and establish a patient-centered clinical approach to healthcare.
- Promote the continued advancement of the Physician Assistant profession through emphasis on professional maturity and accountability, understanding of standards of care and professional integrity, and adherence to laws and regulations that govern the delivery of healthcare.
- Contribute to the greater health care system though encouragement of system-based practice, cost-effective health care and resource allocation, high quality patient care, and attention to public and population health concerns.