MS Nursing Administration
Upon completion of this program students will be able to:
- Translate evidence to develop new models for nursing practice that will transform care.
- Lead and diffuse interprofessional care coordination teams and collaborative efforts.
- Direct the development and implementation of social, economic, political, and health policy initiatives to ensure the quality of health care.
- Lead the design, implementation, evaluation, and dissemination of evidence-based practice improvement initiatives.
- Evaluate the impact of health information technology on organizations and nursing practice.
Students will be able to:
- Assume leadership in the promotion of health and well-being of urban populations nationally and internationally.
- Design a program of research that builds upon the historical and philosophical foundations of nursing science.
- Implement research studies that advance health science outcomes.
- Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary research team.
- Conduct research that demonstrates the theoretical, methodological, and analytical knowledge, skills, and strategies to address population health.
- Assume faculty, leader, and/or nurse scientist roles.
- Apply principles of professional research ethics and judgment in the conduct of research.