Polymeric biomaterials, drug delivery systems, nanomedical technologies
- Synthesis of novel polymeric materials for medical and pharmaceutical applications.
- Surface modification of cationic polymers by the complexation-interpenetration method to develop biocompatible materials.
- Preparation and characterization of polymeric membranes and microcapsules with controlled permeability properties for medical and pharmaceutical applications.
- Target-specific drug and vaccine delivery systems for gastro-intestinal tract infections.
- Localized delivery of cytotoxic and antiangiogenic drugs for solid tumors in novel biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles.
- Intracellular delivery systems for drugs and genes using target-specific, long-circulating, biodegradable polymeric nanoparticles.
- Gold and iron-gold core-shell nanoparticles for biosensing, imaging, and delivery applications.
Amiji, M.M. and Sandmann, B.J. (Eds.). Applied Physical Pharmacy. McGraw-Hill Medical Publishing Division. New York, NY. 2002.
Amiji, M.M. (Ed.) Polymeric Gene Delivery: Principles and Applications. CRC Press, LLC (a subsidiary of Taylor and Francis). Boca Raton, FL. 2004.
Amiji, M.M. (Ed.). Nanotechnology for Cancer Therapy. CRC Press, LLC (a subsidiary of Taylor and Francis). Boca Raton, FL. 2007.
Amiji, M.M. and Torchilin, V.P. (Eds.). Biomedical Nanotechnology, (10 Volumes Book Series). Volumes 1 and 2, “Handbook of Materials for Nanomedicine” Pan Stanford Publishing, Hackensack, NJ. (In press)
Bhavsar, M.D. and Amiji, M.M. Oral IL-10 gene delivery in a microsphere-based formulation for local transfection and therapeutic efficacy in inflammatory bowel disease. Gene Therapy, 15(17): 1200-1209 (2008).
Jabr-Milane, L., van Vlerken, L., Yadav, S., and Amiji, M. Multi-functional nanocarriers to overcome tumor drug resistance. Cancer Treatment Reviews, 34(7): 592-602 (2008).
Magadala, P., and Amiji, M. M. Epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted gelatin-based engineered nanocarrier systems for DNA delivery and transfection in human pancreatic cancer cells. The AAPS Journal, 10(4): 565-576 (2008).
Yadav, S., van Vlerken, L.E., Little, S.R., and Amiji, M.M. Evaluations of combination mdr-1 gene silencing and paclitaxel administration in biodegradable polymeric nanoparticle formulations to overcome multidrug resistance in cancer cells.
Cancer Chemotherapy and Pharmacology, 63(4): 711-722 (2009).
Barchet, T.B. and Amiji, M.M. Challenges and opportunities in CNS delivery of therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases. Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, 6(3): 211-225 (2009).
Ganta S. and Amiji, M.M. Co-administration of paclitaxel and curcumin in nanoemulsion formulations to overcome multidrug resistance in tumor cells. Molecular Pharmaceutics, Published online, DOI: 10.1021/mp800240j (2009).