Margarita DiVallAssociate Clinical Professor and Director of Assessment
- Department of Pharmacy Practice
- School of Pharmacy
Office: 140 The Fenway, R218A
PharmD, Northeastern University
Pharmacy Practice Residency
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Boston, MA
Certification: Registered Pharmacist in MA; Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist
Specializations: Internal Medicine
Documentation of clinical services and impact on patient care by pharmacists and student pharmacists.
Prescribing practices (and how prescribers adhere to guidelines of practice).
Teaching with technology
- DiVall MV. Influenza: Prevention and Treatment. Run over by the flu. In: Schwinghammer TL, Koehler JM, eds. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: A Patient-Focused Approach. 8th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- DiVall MV, Zikaras B, Copeland D, Gonyeau M. School-wide Clinical Intervention System to Document Pharmacy Students’ Impact on Patient Care. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2010; 74(1). Article 14
- Trujillo JM, DiVall MV, Barr J, Gonyeau M, Van Amburgh J, Qualters D. Development of a Peer Teaching-Assessment Program and a Peer Observation and Evaluation Tool. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education. 2008; 72(6). Article 147
- DiVall MV. Influenza: Prevention and Treatment. Run over by the flu. In: Schwinghammer T. & Dipiro J, ed. Pharmacotherapy Casebook: a Patient Focused Approach. New York, NY: McGraw Hill Medical. 7th edition (July 28th, 2008)
- DiVall MV. Pharmacologic Agents. In: Paz J & West M, ed. Acute Care Handbook for Physical Therapists. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier Inc. 3rd edition (November 5, 2008)
- DiVall MV, Cersosimo RJ. Prevention and treatment of chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: a review. Formulary 2007;42:378-388.
- Barlam TF, DiVall MV. Antibiotic Stewardship Practices at Top Academic Centers Throughout the United States and at Hospitals Throughout Massachusetts. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2006;27(7):695-703
- Watson T, DiVall MV. Physical Therapy, Chronic Pain, and Pharmacology. Intependent Study Courses. Publisher: Orthopedic Section, American Physical Therapy Association, Inc. Lacrosse, WI. April 2006
- Gonyeau MJ, Trujillo J, DiVall MV. Development of Progressive Oral Presentations in a Therapeutics Course Series. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2006;70(2): article 36
- Trujillo JM, Gonyeau MJ, DiVall MV, Alexander SL. Spironolactone use in patients with heart failure. Journal of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, 2004;29:1-6
- DiVall M. The role of proton pump inhibitors in the management of GERD. US Pharmacist 2003;28:85-94
- DiVall M, Cersosimo R. Palonosetron: a novel 5-HT3 receptor antagonist for treatment of chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting. Formulary 2003; 38:44-430.