Jason GuoResearch Assistant Professor and Assistant Director of the NMR Facility
- Center for Drug Discovery
- School of Pharmacy
Office: 8 Hurtig Hall
B.S. Physics, East China Normal University
Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Science, University of Connecticut
Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
Membrane protein biophysics
Fatty acid binding proteins (FABPs) as potental drug targets
Structural determinants of cannabinoid receptors interacting wtih G-proteins
Mechanism of drug transport across cell membranes
- Jianqin Zhuang, De-Ping Yang, Spyros P. Nikas, Jianhong Zhao, Jianxin Guo*, and Alexandros Makriyannis*, The interaction of Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase (FAAH) inhibitors with an anandamide carrier protein using 19F-NMR, The AAPS J. 15: 477-482, 2013. *Co-corresponding authors.
- Jianxin Guo, Richard I. Duclos Jr., V. Kiran Vemuri and Alexandros Makriyannis, The conformations of 17β-estradiol (E2) and 17α-estradiol as determined by solution NMR, Tetrahedron Lett. 51: 3465-3469, 2010.
- Jianxin Guo, De-Ping Yang, Ravi Chari, Xiaoyu Tian, Spiro Pavlopoulos, Dai Lu and Alexandros Makriyannis, Magnetically aligned bicelles to study the orientation of lipophilic ligands in membrane bilayers, J. Med. Chem. 51:6793-6799, 2008.
- Xiaoyu Tian, Jianxin Guo, Fenmei Yao, De-ping Yang and Alexandros Makriyannis, The conformation, location, and dynamic properties of the endocannabinoid ligand anandamide in a membrane bilayer, J. Biol. Chem. 280: 29788-29795, 2005.
- Jianxin Guo, Spiro Pavlopoulos, Xiaoyu Tian, Dai Lu, De-Ping Yang and Alexandros Makriyannis, Conformational study of lipophilic ligands in phospholipid model membrane systems by solution NMR, J. Med. Chem. 46:4838-4846, 2003.
- Jianxin Guo and Xi-An Mao, Longitudinal relaxation effects on transverse magnetization and the nuclear magnetic resonance line shape, Phys. Rev. B 50:13461-13466, 1994.