Ann Marie Flores, PT, PhD, CLTAssistant Professor
- Department of Physical Therapy
Office: 407 E Robinson Hall
Education/degrees: PhD, Sociology, The Ohio State University; MA, Sociology, The Ohio State University; MS, Physical Therapy, University of Miami (Florida)
Certification: Certified lymphedema therapist
Research Interests: cancer survivorship, women’s health, health disparities
Public Service: Director of Research, Section on Women’s Health, American Physical Therapy Association; Member, Committee of Research, Oncology Section, American Physical Therapy Association
1. Dixon PL, Zhang X, Domalain M, Flores AM, Lin VWH. Physical medicine and rehabilitation after face transplantation. In Siemionow MZ (editor).The Know-How of Face Transplantation. Springer-Verlag London, London, UK. 2011.
2. Murphy BA, Cmelak AJ, Ridner S, Flores AM, Bartow C. Palliative issues in the care of patients with cancer of the head and neck. in The Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine (4th ed.). Oxford University Press. Oxford, UK & New York, NY. 2010.
3. Flores AM, Jefferey D, Miller BA. U.S. Latino population composition change and comprehensive cancer centers. J of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved, 20(2):346-363, 2009. NIHMSID: NIHMS 28430.
4. Martinez D, Soler-Vila H, Flores AM, Barnett E. Looking Under the Hispanic Umbrella: Cancer Mortality among Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto Ricans and Other Hispanics in Florida. Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health. J Immigr Minor Health. 2008 May 28. NIHMSID: NIHMS 284342.
5. Ladson GM, Lin JM, Flores A, Magrane D: An assessment of cultural competence of first- and second-year medical students at a historically diverse medical school. Am J Obstet Gynecol, 195(5):1457-62, 2006..
6. Robertson EM, Franklin AW, Flores A, Wherry S, Buford J: African American community breast health education: A pilot project. Association of Black Nurse’s Faculty Journal, 17(1):48-51, 2006.
7. Ahmed NU, Smith G, Flores AM, Pamies R, Mason HRC, Woods K, Stain S: Racial/ethnic disparity and predictors of leisure-time physical activity among U.S. men. Ethnicity & Disease, 15(1); 40-52, 2005.
8. Dwyer KD, Sinclair V, Flores, AM. Roadmap Toward Recovery. Workbook and video intervention for colorectal and lymphoma cancer patients and caregivers to improve adaptive coping, perceived control, and support. Vanderbilt University. 2005.
9. Flores AM, Hodges LC, Brewer LH: Recovering shoulder function and quality of life after breast cancer surgery. Journal of the Section of Women’s Health, 28:7-14, 2004.
10. Flores AM, Rizzo HM, Scanlan SJ: Citizenship, Security, and Women’s Rights: An Update of T.H. Marshall. Women’s Policy Journal of Harvard, John F. Kennedy School of Government, 2:65-81, 2002.
11. Flores AM. Objective Measurement of Standing Balance. Neurology Report, 16:17-21, 1992.