B.S. Physics, East China Normal University
Ph.D. Pharmaceutical Science, University of Connecticut
NMR in small molecule structural elucidation, ligand screening and SAR studies
Computer-aided drug design and molecular simulations
Novel NMR and MS methods for ligand screening and structure-based drug design
Fragment-based drug design
Anandamide carrier proteins as drug targets
Mechanism of drug transport across cell membranes
- Sergiy Tyukhtenko, Karrie Chan, Rubin Jiang, Han Zhou, Richard W. Mercier, De-Ping Yang, Alexandros Makriyannis, Jason J. Guo* (2015) “Hydrogen-Bonded His93 as a Sensitive Probe for Identifying Inhibitors of the Endocannabinoid Transport Protein FABP7 ” Chem. Biol. & Drug Des., 85, 534-540.
- Rishi Sharma, Spyros P. Nikas, Jason J. Guo, Srikrishnan Mallipeddi, JodiAnne T. Wood, and Alexandros Makriyannis (2014) “C-Ring Cannabinoid Lactones: A Novel Cannabinergic Chemotype” ACS Med. Chem. Lett. 5:400-404.
- Jianqin Zhuang, De-Ping Yang, Spyros P. Nikas, Jianhong Zhao, Jianxin Guo*, and Alexandros Makriyannis* (2013) “The Interaction of Fatty Acid Amide Hydrolase (FAAH) Inhibitors with an Anandamide Carrier Protein Using 19F-NMR”, The AAPS J. 15: 477-482. *Co-corresponding author.
- Jianxin Guo, Richard I. Duclos Jr., V. Kiran Vemuri and Alexandros Makriyannis (2010) “The Conformations of 17β-Estradiol (E2) and 17α-Estradiol as Determined by Solution NMR” Tetrahedron Lett. 51: 3465-3469.
- Jianxin Guo, De-Ping Yang, Ravi Chari, Xiaoyu Tian, Spiro Pavlopoulos, Dai Lu and Alexandros Makriyannis (2008) “Magnetically Aligned Bicelles to Study the Orientation of Lipophilic Ligands in Membrane Bilayers” J. Med. Chem. 51:6793-6799.
- Xiaoyu Tian, Jianxin Guo, Fenmei Yao, De-ping Yang and Alexandros Makriyannis (2005) “The Conformation, Location, and Dynamic Properties of the Endocannabinoid Ligand Anandamide in a Membrane Bilayer” J. Biol. Chem. 280: 29788-29795.
- Jianxin Guo, Spiro Pavlopoulos, Xiaoyu Tian, Dai Lu, De-Ping Yang and Alexandros Makriyannis (2003) “Conformational Study of Lipophilic Ligands in Phospholipid Model Membrane Systems by Solution NMR” J. Med. Chem. 46:4838-4846.