John L. Griffith, PhDClinical Professor, Interim Director Population Health Program
- Department of Health Sciences
- Office of Research
Office: 316 RB
Dr. John L. Griffith is a professor in the Department of Health Science. He received his M.A. from Tufts University and a doctorate in mathematics from Boston University. Before coming to Northeastern University in 2012 he spent over 20 years at Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University where he developed and directed research centers designed to provide biostatistical and data support to clinical researchers. His own areas of research include the construction and validation of statistical prediction models for medical decision making, analyses of complex survey designs, and clinical trials. For 5 years he was the Associate Dean for Research and directed the Bouvé College Office of Research (BCORe) and the Biostatistics Service Center (BSC) at the College. He is a statistical consultant for the City of Boston and recently coordinated the data and analytic cores for studies investigating end-of-life decision making for patients on dialyses and the interplay of social determinants of health, health behaviors, stress, and genetics on coronary heart disease among a cohort of Puerto Rican participants. He teaches in the Population Health doctoral program in the Bouvé College.
- Boston University, Boston, MA, Ph.D., Mathematics
- Tufts University, Medford, MA, M.S., Mathematics
- Co-Director, Biostatistics Core
- Population health, End-of-life decision making, predictive modeling
- Associate Director for the Clinical and Translational Graduate Program at Tufts and taught courses there and at the Tufts School of Nutrition including Biostatistics II (CRES 535)
- Statistical Methods for Epidemiology (Nutr 318), Predictive Models for Health Outcomes (CRES 510), and Introduction to Clinical Care Research (CRES 525)
Selected Recent Publications:
- Beatriz, E., Salhi, C., Griffith, J., & Molnar, B. (2018). Urbanicity matters in self-reported Child maltreatment prevalence: Findings from a nationally representative study. Child Abuse & Neglect, 79. 371 – 383.
- Noel, S., Mangano, K., Griffith, J., Wright, N., Dawson‐Hughes, B., & Tucker, K. (2018). Prevalence of Osteoporosis and Low Bone Mass Among Puerto Rican Older Adults. Journal of Bone and Mineral Research, 33(3), 396-403.
- Lincoln, A., Adams, W., Eyllon, M., Garverich, S., Prener, C., Griffith, J, Paasche-Orlow, Micheal K, Hopper, K. The Double Stigma of Limited Literacy and Mental Illness: Examining Barriers to Recovery and Participation among Public Mental Health Service Users. Society and Mental Health, 7(3), 121-141. 2017.