Dinesh John, PhDAssociate Professor
- Department of Health Sciences
Office: 316 RB
Dinesh John is an Assistant Professor in the Health Sciences Department. His research examines the effects of Physical Behavior on various health outcomes with focus on the workplace. He has conducted studies examining the efficacy of strategies to modify the workplace to be a more active environment. He develops and validates novel sensor-based technologies to measure physical behavior and its determinants. He integrates sensing technologies into interventions to measure and modify physical behavior to obtain a clear understanding of the dose-response relationship between physical behavior and health outcomes.
- PhD, Kinesiology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 2009
- Sensors, Physical Behavior Measurement, Active Workstations
- Physical Activity and Exercise: Prescription, Measurement and Testing
- Introduction to Exercise, Fitness, and Health