Christopher CesarioAssistant Clinical Professor and Director of Clinical Education
- Department of Physical Therapy, Movement & Rehabilitation Science
Office: 6J Robinson Hall
BS in Physical Therapy, Northeastern University
Masters of Business Administration, Boston University
Doctor of Physical Therapy, Northeastern University
Clinical education, orthopedics and sports medicine
Credentialed Clinical Instructor, APTA, 1998-present
Certified Clinical Instructor Program Trainer, 2014-present
Social Media Basics for Healthcare Certificate, 2017
Peer Reviewed Publications
1. Hayward, L., Cesario, C., Yen, C., A Reflective Model of Pre-Clinical Education: Impact on Student Performance on the Physical Therapist Clinical Performance Instrument (PT-CPI). Journal of Physical Therapy Education. CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW
2. Corkery M, Hazel K, Cesario C. Student physical therapist clinical practice, decision making and utilization of thrust joint manipulation during clinical education experiences. Manual Therapy. 2016;25 (September):e163.
3. Cesario C. Shayman C., Abdullah A., Fitzpatrick D., Corkery M. World Congress of Physical Therapy. “Are physical therapist students adequately prepared for primary contact practice?” Abstract. World Confederation for Physical Therapy, Singapore (May 4, 2015)
Peer Reviewed Scientific & Professional Presentations:
1. Corkery, M. Hazel, K., Cesario, C. The Use of Clinical Prediction Rules in Clinical Reasoning During Student Physical Therapist Outpatient Clinical Education Experiences. Platform Presentation. American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, Salt Lake City, UT (October 21, 2017)
2. Cesario, C., Hubbard, J., Knisely, S., Marella, L. Assessing the Reliability of Hudl Technique Software with SPORTSMETRICS™ Valgus Digitizer Software in the Identification of “High Risk” Female Soccer Players. Poster. Boston Children’s Hospital Female Athlete Conference. Wellesley, MA (June 9, 2017)
3. Cesario, C., Billich, R., Calderone, B., Nandkumar. A. Annual Conference, Identifying low, medium, and high risk factors for anterior cruciate ligament tears among high school female soccer players, Poster. APTA of Massachusetts, Norwood, MA (November 5, 2016).
4. McCauley, JA,, Wetherbee-McDevitt, E, Dupre, AM, Cesario, C, Cusson, M, Holmes, MB, Kenney, D, Kucharski-Howard, J., Student Readiness for First Full-time Clinical Experiences, Platform. APTA ELC, Phoenix, AZ. (October 9, 2016).
5. Wetherbee E, Holmes MB, McCauley JA, Cesario C, Cusson M, Kucharski-Howard J. Clinical Instructors’ Interpretation of the CPI’s Definition of Entry-Level Performance: A
Qualitative Analysis. Platform. APTA ELC, Phoenix, AZ. (October 9, 2016).
6. Cesario, C., Bangs, D. Creation of Digital Content to Facilitate Clinical Instructor Development,” Poster, APTA ELC, Phoenix, AZ. (October 7, 2016).
7. Corkery M, Hazel K, Cesario C. Student physical therapist clinical practice, decision making and utilization of thrust joint manipulation during clinical education experiences. Man Ther. 2016;25 (September):e163.
8. Fitzgerald, C, Riley, E, Cesario, C, Steinbarger, K, Combined Sections Meeting, “A Knowledge Transfer System via Social Media: Collaboration,” Poster. APTA CSM, Anaheim, CA. (February 19, 2016).
9. Naidoo K, Cesario C, Fitzgerald C. Annual Conference, Beyond a social network: An information network for the health care professional: Moving from information recipient to information broker, Presentation. APTA of Massachusetts, Norwood, MA (November 14, 2015)
10. Cesario C., Bangs D. Education and Leadership Conference. Clinician Feedback Regarding Length of Physical Therapist Clinical Education Experiences, Platform. APTA ELC (October 3, 2015)
11. Cesario, C., Wilmarth, M. Education & Leadership Conference, The Relationship Between Academic Factors and Clinical Education Outcomes., Poster APTA ELC, Kansas City, MO. (October 11, 2014).
12. Corkery, M., Cesario, C., Annual Conference, Factors Associated with Student Physical Therapist Clinical Decision Making and Utilization of Thrust Joint Manipulation During Clinical Education Experiences, Poster. American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, Cincinnati, OH. (October 19, 2013).
13. Corkery, M., Cesario, C., Annual Conference, The Use of Evidence Based Practice and Clinical Reasoning in Student Physical Therapist Outpatient Clinical Education Experiences, Poster. American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists, Cincinnati, OH. (October 19, 2013).
14. Corkery, M., Cesario, C., Hayward, L. M., Bakos, J., Coogan, E., Sheedy, R., APTA Annual Meeting, Student Physical Therapist Critical Thinking and Differential Diagnosis Skill Development: Implications for Direct Access Practice, APTA, Poster. Salt Lake City, Utah. (June 28, 2013).
Corkery, M., Cesario, C., Hayward, L. M., Bakos, J., Coogan, E., Sheedy, R., APTA Combined Sections Meeting, Utilization of Thrust Joint Manipulation (TJM) in Doctor of Physical Therapy Student Clinical Education Experiences: Bridging the Gap from Classroom to Clinic, Poster. APTA CSM, San Diego, CA. (January 23, 2013).