Bouvé faculty members selected for Northeastern’s Inclusive Impact Innovation Fund
Congratulations to several members of the Bouvé community whose proposals for Northeastern’s Inclusive Impact Innovation Fund were selected for funding.
The proposals selected for funding “most closely exemplify the funds’ objectives to generate diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives that create belonging, and that have the potential to be replicable across the global university system,” according to Northeastern’s Chief Inclusion Officer Karl Reid.
INCLUSIVE IMPACT INNOVATION (I3) FUND FINALISTS
Transgender Health Equity and Belonging
This project aims to attract and retain transgender students, staff, and faculty, teach current students, staff, and faculty best practices in transgender inclusion, and ensure students on all campuses receive culturally responsive care from health services.
- Emily Zimmerman, PhD., CCC-SLP, Interim Chair and Associate Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders Department
- Sarah Young-Hong, MA., CCC-SLP, UG/G Program Director and Assistant Clinical Professor, Communication Sciences and Disorders Department
- AC Shillue-Goldberg, PhD., CCC-SLP, part-time faculty member, Communication Sciences and Disorders Department
Future Healthcare Leaders
This pilot program intends to recruit and retain students from marginalized groups into healthcare fields by increasing their sense of belonging and awareness of graduate school pathways and health careers. This program will inform new pathways from the College of Science and Bouvé College of Health Sciences undergraduate degrees to graduate programs at Northeastern.
- Margarita DiVall – Clinical Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Jennifer Kirwin – Clinical Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs; Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Shan Mohammed – Clinical Professor and Assistant Dean for DEI Educational and Student Initiatives; Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Randall Hughes – Professor and Associate Dean for Equity; College of Science
- Rachelle Reisberg – Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Curriculum and Students, College of Science
- Linda Ayrapetov – Associate Director, Student Programs, College of Science
Inclusive Innovation Start Summit
This project will connect Northeastern students, faculty, and staff with local community members to explore new and innovative ideas for improving and making a positive impact on their communities.
- Anna Ackerman, Entrepreneurship Program Manager, The Roux Institute
- Wendy Blackwell-Moore, Senior Director of Entrepreneurship, The Roux Institute
Peer Mentorship Inclusion Program for International Students
The purpose of this project is to design and pilot test a peer-mentorship program to reduce inequity and promote a sense of belonging among international students at Northeastern University.
- Milena Braga, MA., Doctoral Student, Counseling Psychology, Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Don Robinaugh, Assistant Professor for Applied Psychology, Bouvé College of Health Sciences
- Arabiye Aratola, Doctoral Student, School Psychology, Bouvé College of Health Sciences
Social Justice Peer Mentorship Program
This peer mentorship program will enable faculty and alumni to collaboratively mentor undergraduate students in leading social justice initiatives in the sciences.
- Maria Catrina Jaime, Assistant Adjunct Professor and Program Head of Public Health and Health Equity
- Jared Young, Professor of Biology
- Vala Burnett, Health Sciences Program Coordinator & Course Instructor
- Charlene Betts-Ng, Associate Adjunct Professor of Biology
- Miki Hong, Assistant Adjunct Professor of Public Health and Health Equity