Supporting continuing education for Massachusetts’ nurse anesthesia community
Several members of the Northeastern University nursing community presented at the 2022 spring webinar for the Massachusetts Association of Nurse Anesthetists (MANA).
This spring’s event was held to promote continuing education for the nurse anesthesia community in the Commonwealth.
Northeastern’s Daniel King, DNP, CRNA, CPPS is the Chair of the Massachusetts Association of Nurse Anesthetists Education Committee, which hosted the event. Other Northeastern faculty and students are committee representatives, including Susan Hall, DNP, CRNA and Lynn Reede, DNP, MBA, CRNA, FNAP. Student committee members include Saira Saleem, DNP and Danielle van Eron, DNP, CRNA, both 2022 graduates.
Presenters from this year’s event included:
- Connie Lorette, PhD, CRNA (NU Nurse Anesthesia Program Director, Associate Clinical Professor)
- Joshua Lea (DNP, MBA, CRNA, NU Nurse Anesthesia Program faculty, Assistant Clinical Professor)
- Maria van Pelt (PhD, CRNA, FAAN, NU Nurse Anesthesia Program faculty, Clinical Professor)
- Lynn Reede (DNP, MBA, CRNA, FNAP, NU Nurse Anesthesia Program faculty, Associate Clinical Professor)
- Maria McCarthy (BSN, SRNA, NU Nurse Anesthesia Program student)
- Tara Steele (DNP, CRNA, NU Nurse Anesthesia Program student and 2022 graduate)
MANA says its main objectives include “patient safety through the advancement of the science and art of anesthesia, as well as the promotion of cooperation between nurse anesthetists, all medical professionals, hospitals, and other agencies interested in anesthesia.”
Click here for the full agenda from this year’s spring webinar.